As a result for the situation we’re facing, and due to the increase of people working from home, we were exposed to a lot of tools to ease the communication between co-workers and colleagues.
Google meet and Zoom are two of the most popular online communication platforms. They allow you to communicate with people around the world through video meetings.
We gathered some information about the two platforms to help you choose what’s best for your company.
Both Google meet and zoom allow you to participate or create video conferences with up to 100 people.
Zoom has some features that Google meet doesn’t and vise versa, it depends on which one suits you better. They both have tools like screen share and breakout rooms. but the main difference is the price and number of participants.
Max participants : 500
Max participants : 250
|Price: Covered Below||
Price: Covered Below
- Zoom is one of the most popular/downloaded video conference programs right now because of its good audio quality and user friendly features. It can easily work with any program ( Mac – Windows – IOS – Android ).
- It allows more than one host to share your screen for presentations and it also lets you create breakout rooms for team building exercises.
- During the meeting, it allows you to share files, videos and images and other participants can view and download them.
- Zoom has a free package for those who are ok with limited features. The free package allows you 40 minutes each meeting and hosts up to 100 people, which is great for small teams.
- The next plan is the pro plan. it costs $14.99 a month which allows up to 100 participants, meetings of up to 24 hours and more
- Next comes the Business plan which costs $19.99 a month (with a minimum of 10 hosts). This plan allows up to 300 participants, dedicated phone support, admin dashboard along with all the pro features.
- Last but not least, the Enterprise plan. This plan costs $19.99 a month per host (with a minimum of 100 hosts) and it includes 500 participants, and unlimited cloud storage.
Why Google Meet?
- Anyone with a Google Account can create an online meeting with up to 100 participants and meet for up to 60 minutes per meeting.
- Google meet also allows you to connect with others using audio or video calls. The video conference program gives you a meeting ID that you can use multiple times. You can also create additional rooms so multiple meetings can be held at the same time. These can also be used as breakout rooms for team-building exercises.
- If you’re looking for a more simple service that allows you to quickly have a call with your friends or colleagues, Google meet is just fine.
- Google meet comes with 3 different plans. The basic ( Free ) plan allows you 1 hour meeting length, up to 100 participants and unlimited number of meetings.
- The next plan is G Suite essentials plan which costs $10/month per host. it allows 300 hours meeting length and up to 150 participants
- The last plan is G Suite enterprise essentials which costs $20/months per host and gives you up to 250 participants, 300 hours meeting length and unlimited number of meetings.
In a nutshell, it always depends on what works best for you. both platforms provides similar features with different price ranges, you can always choose what works best for your company.
By Sarah Al-Qersh